Next: Things To Keep In
Up: Further Directions
Previous: Further Directions
- find programs on the Internet
- that read/write disk blocks
- that serve as a model for understanding
- that document disk block handling
- create a real program that re-arranges disk blocks
on a floppy disk
- search newsgroups for a colloquium speaker on
disk technology, preferably a doctorate, especially
from the drive manufacturers such as Seagate and Maxtor.
- what about FAT32 versus FAT16 on floppy disks?
Some of these have already been partially done.
I have Mark Russinovich's example defragmentation
utility source code for Windows NT.