Next: Workload Traces
Up: Techniques for File System
Previous: Detail Considerations
The following facilities are considered part of the
scaffolding of a simulation. [TWL94]
- Lightweight threads are used to simulate
concurrent execution as well as the simulation of
processes making file system calls.
- Mechanisms such as time-advance needed for the
discrete-event simulation being performed. [TWL94]
- Emulation of kernel procedures, such as
sleep and wakeup, that are accessed
by the real file system. [TWL94]
- Software to access metadata snapshots requested by
file system code. [TWL94]
- Software to manage correct replay of input traces.